THE SCENE: 77° and surprisingly not super humid
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Welcome to F3: I am Rabbit your Q for today
- I am not a professional
- You are participating at your own risk
- You are responsible for your own wellbeing
- You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
- Know your limits and do the best you can, all exercises can be modified and are only suggestions.
I felt inspired since I was at the Lair (channeling my inner O Positive) to read both the mission and principles of F3.
Plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership
- Are free of charge
- Are open to all men
- Are held outdoors, rain or shine, heat or cold
- Are led by men who participate in the workout in a rotating fashion, with no training or certification necessary
- End with a Circle of Trust
- SSH IC x 16
- Prisoner Squat IC x 17
- Imperial Walker (clockwise) IC x 18
- Hillbillies (counter clockwise) IC x 19
- Good mornings IC x 20
- MOSEY TO TURF FIELD and complete a lap around the FIELD
- 1st Side line to Side line – Bear Crawl
- 2nd Side line to Side line – Crab Walk
- Start on the sideline of the turf field.
- Perform 1 Merkin – run to other sideline – perform 20 LBCs.
- Run back and do 2 Merkins. Run back for 19 LBCs.
- Repeat until you do 20 Merkins and 1 LBC, running between the sidelines.
- Always adds up to 21 – BLACK JACK!
Then we ran over to the bleachers (which are like 1/4 bleachers and put the bleachers at the Levee to shame)
Run up and across and down the bleachers once
Rinse and repeat with bunny hops the second time up and down
- Plank Jacks IC x 16
- Crab Jacks IC x 10
- Flutter Kicks IC x 18
- Freddie Mercurys IC x 19
- Baby Makers IC x 20
- Crab Jacks IC x 7
- Had a bit more time so it was Dealer’s Choice time
- Hello Dolly IC x 20 (led by C-Lo)
- Mosey up, around the bathroom & back (led by Bombay)
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
3 PAX – C-Lo, Bombay, Rabbit (YHC), 0 FNG
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Read the following poem entitled “Thinking”.
When you think you’re beaten, you are.
When you think you dare not, you don’t.
When you’d like to win, but think you can’t
It is a sure thing that you won’t.
When you think that you’ll lose, you’ve lost;
For out in the world you will find
Success begins with a man’s will –
It’s all in the state of mind.
When you think you’re outclassed, you are.
You have got to think BIG to rise;
You have to FEEL sure of yourself
Before you can win a great prize.
Life’s battle does not always go
To the stronger or faster man;
But soon or late the man who wins
Is the one who THINKS he can.
Several great thoughts from this. 1st, thinking BIG is and FEELING sure of yourself can only happen when you are trusting in God who is the biggest there is! Trust in God and he will help you not to think negative but to be able to overcome, push and keep moving ahead/ forward. Used F3 as an example – when we are tired during a workout, keep pushing because God will help you get / do a little more and we should all strive to go above and beyond and do a little more in every area of our lives. Don’t be content to live in the status quo. As HIM, we are called to be more and to do more. Be there and lead your wives, children, at work, at home, at church, wherever God places you, find a way to step up and be that light and win the great prize which is following God and living for him.
Great work by the PAX pushing through Blackjack this morning. YHC had some counting challenges this morning but Bombay was great keeping us on track and t-claps to both Bombay and C-Lo for waiting for YHC when about mid way through my pace slowed down considerably. Appreciate you brothers.
I didn’t realize Blackjack would take as long as it did (probably my fault because I was slow). I had a whole other routine planned – it’s in the bank for next time.
I found out today that crab walks are C-Lo’s kryptonite (his words not mine).
I also found out I shouldn’t talk about things we did at other AOs because somebody might decide to incorporate those into Mary when I do Dealer’s choice (#smh!)
I debuted a new exercise for me – the crab jack – think a flapjacked plank jack – there was much mumblechatter surrounding it – as you see from Mary, I had to break it into 2 different rounds! (it’s in the exicon if you really want to check it out
There is this thing called GrowRuck people have been talking about – Register here