THE SCENE: Pleasant temperature with high levels of H20 in the air. Kept everyone hydrated thankfully.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER Fully disclaimed
SSHx15 IC, Daisy Pickers x 10 IC, Squats x 10 IC, Shoulder complex stolen from Gus to get the shoulders warmed up for the cruelty to come.
Variation on Doracides:
- Partnered up and grabbed 1 CMU per group. Mosey 1/4mile to the Berm or “Hillock” as Photoshop calls it, trading out carrying CMU with partner on the way. This was all the long distance running done for the day. Some men were happy but soon regretted it when the workout began… myself included. The Merkin mile doesn’t sound so bad after today.
- Upon arrival we warmed up with 3 rounds of Blasters? (suicide runs). To clarify, we started about 5yds from the bottom of the berm and proceeded to sprint 5yds to the bottom of the berm, back, 10yds to the top of the berm, back, and 15yds over and down the backside of the berm and back to the start. This counted as 1 round. Meanwhile, partner PAX holds CMU straight out in front or above head until the runner returns. This was not only to warm up, but also to allow PAX to understand where each stopping point was located for future reference.
- Once completed we began the real workout, a variation on the Doracide. PAX 1 would do bear crawl suicides over the berm while PAX 2 completed specified reps. As partnered teams PAX completed 100 thrusters w/ CMU, 200 LBC’s w/ CMU, and 300 Bicep Curls w/CMU. PAX were to face forward the entire bear crawl, which meant bear crawling backwards up the berm. Burned the glutes more than expected.
- Mosey back to the parking lot (Thanks to my partner Puddle Jumper for the Irish Goodbye, left me to carry the CMU all the way back alone)
- We arrived back at approximately 0613
Only 2 minutes to spare so we did a minute of Flutter Kicks and a minute of Planks
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
14 PAX (1 Irish Goodbye – Puddle Jumper, 1 Willy Loman – Wilson from Cleveland) Laettner, Mayberry, Photoshop, Tomb Raider, Beauty Shop, Flatland, Snookie, Lipton, Decoy, Yardsale, UPS, Big Combo (VQ)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
1 Timothy 4:8 “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come”
We are taking care of our health and training physically, but we need to put just as much effort into our spiritual and mental lives as well. Those matter more in the long run and will benefit how we treat our families and those around us.
Really enjoyed my VQ. Excited to see 14 guys show up and crush the workout. Ready to Q again!
9/2 is Labor day, bring 1-5 FNG each! Let’s grow this community!
9/6 is first official Iron PAX workout. Berm will have Iron PAX workouts every Friday from 0530-0615. SHOW UP