Barracks Traditional Track Workout
THE SCENE: Humid, with a touch of heat. 75 degrees. The ROTC folks just added to the heat index.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer given with enthusiasm. Stressed the importance of stretching before and after as the workout consisted of track sprints.
1/2 mile warm-up around the track.
- 100 crunches; 50 Left side, 50 right side
- counting off in an odd/even cadence (Q says odd numbers, PAX calls out even)
- Partner up; 50 throw legs each. Partner 1 stands over 2 as he lies flat on back holding legs up at 90 degrees, Partner 1 throws them straight down, or down to one side or the other x 50. switch
- Stretches in odd/even cadence. Targeted hamstrings
- 100 yd butt kicks, 100 yd high knees
- 2 groups (fast/faster), 800 yd sprint (1 min rest), 400 yd sprint (30 sec. rest), 200 yd sprint (15 sec. rest), 100 dash. Group Faster did an extra 100 yd sprint to catch Group Fast at the start.
- Lunges, 200 yds
- 1/2 mile cool down
No Mary, core work at the beginning covered.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
16 PAX (No FNGs), Crayfish, Teachers Pet, Snookie, Four Eyes, Shoestring, Toms, Handsy, Pirtle, Yardsale, Bookworm, MIB, Mirage, Tomb Raider, Sir Mix A Lot, Doc Hollywood, ISS
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Rev. 12:11 ‘They overcame him with the blood of the Lamb and the Word of their Testimony, they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.”
Men, as believers we should fear no darkness. Reach out to those in need. Come forward with needs, realy on a friend. Challenge and encourage one another.
Death has lost, victory is won for those whose Lord is Jesus the Christ. So we lay down our lives, as ‘our’ lives are no longer ours. He has given His life for us, bought us for a price, and now we no longer live but He lives in and through us.
We should not shrink from death as we should not love our lives but seek to glorify the One and sacrifice for the lost.
We missed out on the “Sprint the Straight aways” section of the workout that would have really pushed us. Not a dry patch of skin between any of us as we were soaked from head to toe. The brief return to Memphis summer was not welcome after being spoiled all week.
The PAX successfully avoided all ROTC candidates as we ducked and weaved through many.
3rd F opportunity was announced for tomorrow (Saturday, 15th). GrowRuck12 next week. Join us for 2ndF at Carolina Watershed Friday night 7-10pm and a Dredd/Slaughter beatdown Saturday morning 7-8 at ECS, Cordova.