Sprint BoMBS at the Barracks
THE SCENE: Well above freezing at a balmy 33 deg F
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER:
Explained purpose of F3. Made sure everyone knew I was not a professional and TO EXERCISE AT YOUR OWN RISK
SSHs, Daisy Pickers, Imperial Walkers, Hillbillies
- 400m Mosey Mixer Lap (mosey, butt kickers, high steps, etc.)
- 400m sprint lap as a group
- 200m relay B-MBS sprints–divide into groups of 3 and each trio does 200m sprints in relay, and after each leg each PAX completes one BoMBS exercise (skipping “o” for overhead claps) x 10reps each [after 1st sprint Burpees x10, after 2nd sprint Merkins x10, after 3rd sprint Bigboy Sit-ups x10, after 4th sprint Squats x10] so that each PAX sprints total 800m and completes B-MBS x10
- Indian run with PAX in back stopping to do Overhead Claps x10 and then sprinting to front of the pack in rotating fashion…while dodging military personnel in training
- 400m circuit x2 as a group–sprinting 100m straight-aways, jogging 100m curves (Merkins x 15 after first circuit, Squats x 15 after second circuit)…while trying to catch and pass military personnel in training
Planking, American Hammers, Flutter Kicks, Dying Cockroaches, Boat-Coat (as introduced by TombRaider)
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
10 PAX (including 2 FNGs): @TombRaider, @AltarBoy, @Crayfish, @Passport, @Snookie, @EasilyAmused, @Handsy, @DocHollywood and FNGs @Stones and @EarlyBird
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Prov 3:5,6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN UNDERSTANDING. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.
Recently sending off @SnowWhite (posted 1x at OF before shipping out) to basic training, we had a chance to talk about this verse, and it has been on my mind since…especially the part about not leaning on our own understanding. It is very easy for me to only see my day, my job, my friends, and/or my neighbors through physical eyes and become bored, frustrated, stressed out, or otherwise disenchanted with the people and situations the God has given me to strengthen, challenge, encourage, and fulfill me. I need to be reminded daily to ask for His perspective, and as I do so, I can trust Him to direct my path.
Thanks to @TombRaider for introducing this QIC to the Boat/Canoe exercise…and thus exposing the true weaknesses of my core strength.
KOTB coming up Monday. Every HIM worth his salt should post at the OldForest. The Levee has had it LONG ENOUGH.