Back in the Sandlot Again
THE SCENE: A little foggy, wet pavement, hint of an onion, but a perfect 43 degrees.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER: Yes
20 -Arm Circles IC (10 forward, 10 reverse), 10 – Daisy Pickers, 10 Hill Billies, and then some
CHUMBAWUMBA (SSH’s during the verses and Burpees during the chorus… a Cheesesteak special).
Touring around the Sandlot and stopping at different stations for different exercises.
- Moseyed to billboard for 5 rounds of 10 Pull-Ups, 20 LBC’s
- Moseyed to parking lot by SCS dept. for 2 rounds of Wheel of Merkins (10 reps of each)
- Moseyed to corner for 15 squats in cadence.
- Moseyed to skatepark for 2 rounds of 10 box jumps, 10 LBCs, 10 Ierkins. Then, ABC’s over the side of the pool and superman with legs hanging off the side.
- Moseyed to bleachers for 2 rounds for 10 Pull-Ups and 20 LBC’s.
- Moseyed back to parking lot for Mary.
20 LOL’s (10 each side), 30 American Hammers.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Relationships take effort. While I have always known this, it has become more apparent to me. I cannot take for granted the fact that my 2.0’s, my M, or my friends will always be there. These relationships take work. In F3, we talk about taking initiative and doing hard things. Sometimes I forget that I need to take initiative in loving and learning from my M. My 2.0’s won’t just naturally grow up and just be fine. It takes initiative and discipleship to pour into them. Essentially, I am reminded that I cannot be complacent in these relationships, but I must be moving towards a goal.
I challenged the PAX to think about the relationships where they need to take initiative. Then, step into them.
I smelled terrible today. When I was putting on my shirt, I realized it smelled sour. I decided to wear it anyway. As I approached Startex from my pre-run, Altar Boy asked if anyone smelled onions. The smell was me. I apologized to the PAX, and I have already began the wash of that shirt.