Back in Business!
38 degrees, the air was fresh. I started to unload and noticed some a-hole had busted a glass bottle in the parking lot where we circle up. Laettner rolled up shortly thereafter and helped clean-up.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Formal disclaimer and welcome:
1. I am not a professional
2. You are participating at your own risk
3. You are responsible for your own wellbeing
4. You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
5. Know your limits and do the best you can
The mission of F3: “to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.”
The 5 Core Principles:
• Free of charge
• Open to all men
• Held outdoors
• Peer led
• Ends with COT
Credo: “Leave no man behind, but leave no man where you find him.”
- 25x Side Straddle Hops, IC 4 CT
- 10x Arm Circles each way, IC 4 CT
- 10x Daisy Pickers
Two teams by weight – equally divided.
- 120 lb sandbag carry around the building.
- Jump roping
- 135 lb deadlifts
- Battle rope
- 80 lb sandbag toss over shoulder
- 60 lb sandbag squats
- CMU curls
Each exercise was performed for 45 seconds, to the exception of exercise #1. The other team does burpees until 120 lb sandbag carry by opposite team is done, then switch. The team with most burpees win.
Each team completed 6 rounds on the 120 lb sandbag carry. The winning team won with an average of 137.5 burpees.
- Stop lights
- Low plank
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
Laettner, Paper Trail, Geppetto, Shy Guy, Vengeance, Malco, Big Top and Chef.
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
I was introduced to a Christian motivational speaker named Zig Ziglar back in 2019, and have since been interested in his material. As a new year has started, I thought it would be fitting to go through Zig’s 7 steps of goal setting:
- Identify the goal, if you don’t have a target, you can’t hit it. Be specific.
- List the benefits. Personal benefits will create motivation.
- List the obstacles to overcome. Knowing what you could possibly face means you can plan for it.
- List the skills and knowledge required. Knowledge gives us the capacity to accomplish things we would otherwise not know to do, but skills give us the tools to take advantage of our knowledge. Knowing and doing is a powerful combination, especially if they are mastered.
- Identify the people and groups to work with. Don’t be afraid to seek out help from others who can help you be successful.
- Develop a plan of action. Be specific.
- Set a deadline.
We prayed for Kim, Evan Almighty’s wife. They are expecting their son to arrive this week. We also prayed for safety and a peaceful transition of Presidential power as Joe Biden will be inaugurated this week.
V – vision
A – articulation
P – planning
E – execution
is coming up January 21st, 2021, at 8 PM. Several leaders of F3 Memphis will share their thoughts and then have an open discussion with all F3 PAX.