F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
Disclaimer disclaimed. PAX were warned that anyone attempting to bear crawl with a paving stone on their back would receive a strongly worded letter.
WARM-O-RAMA and F3 Pop Quiz:
First we started with SSH, because it’s the law.
- 20 SSH; 10 IC and 10 silent.
- 10 Burpees OYO because counting is hard.
PAX were then advised that it was pop quiz time. For each question answered correctly, a standard warmup exercise would be administered. For each question answered incorrectly, that exercise would be replaced by 10 burpees OYO.
- What is the mission of F3? The correct answer was given after a joint effort by Flobee and Sleep Number: The mission of F3 is to plant, grow, and serve small workout groups for the invigoration of male community leadership. Daisy Pickers x10 IC.
- Name one of the 5 core principles of F3. Correctly answered by Flobee: Free of charge. Windmills x10 IC.
- Name another one of the 5 core principles of F3. Correctly answered by Flobee: Ends in a Circle of Trust. Imperial Walkers x10 IC.
- Name another one of the 5 core principles of F3. Correctly answered by Flobee: Led by members on a rotating basis. Hillbillies x10 IC.
- Name another one of the 5 core principles of F3. Correctly answered by Orange Julius: Open to all men. Arm Circles (forward) x10 IC.
- Name the last remaining core principle of F3. Correctly answered by Wall Builder: Held outdoors, rain or shine. Arm Circles (reverse) x10 IC.
Great job Morglians – perfect score on the pop quiz! Capri lap to the big field for The Thang.
Merkin Ladder. Shovel Flag was planted on one end of the field and the King of the Bluff flag was planted approximately 50 yards away.
- Sprint to the KotB Flag and perform 20 merkins.
- Sprint to the Shovel Flag and perform 19 merkins.
- Sprint to the Shovel Flag and perform 1 merkin.
After every 4th set of merkins, the PAX were instructed to perform SSH or squats until the six caught up. We started as a group and ended as a group.
At some point near one of the low 1-digit sets, someone from Casio’s end of the line made a comment expressing relief that this was almost finished. Casio replied “Yeah, but it’s only 6am. There will be some other form of torture waiting for us.”
Casio was correct. Since the PAX were so efficient at completing the ladder, I served up another.
- Sprint to the KotB Flag and perform 20 BBSU.
- Sprint to the Shovel Flag and perform 19 BBSU.
- Sprint to the Shovel Flag and perform 1 BBSU.
We only made it about halfway down this ladder before it was time for Mary.
It wouldn’t be a Choker workout without a selection from the Jukebox of Pain: Chumbaburpee.
“Tubthumping” by Chymbawamba was played; at every “I get knocked down” the PAX performed a burpee. Whenever burpees were not being performed, PAX performed either SSH or squats.
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
11 PAX (1 FNG): Carport, Casio, Choker (QIC), Flobee, Gilligan, Maverick, Orange Julius, Shocker (FNG), Sleep Number, Thundercat, Wall Builder.
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
This week’s QSource is on Courage. It defines courage as “Setting aside fear to turn Hardship into Grace.” It doesn’t define courage as having no fear, because *everybody* has fears. Courage is about overcoming your fear in order to do what needs to be done. From the QSource:
Courage begins with the recognition that while peace should always be our goal there are some threats that confront the Community that simply must be fought. The Virtuous Leader is able to set aside his fear of danger sufficiently that he can Influence other men to fight with him rather than flee when such threats arise.
No man can set aside fear with his hands on his knees, his head down and his lungs on fire. That is not a battle position, it is the posture of surrender. It is for this reason that the King, the daily discipline of physically training the body, is one of the very first QPoints. A man whose physical fitness is Decelerating is ill-equipped to confront Hardship. His tortured flesh will scream out for oxygen and divert it from the brain, the organ he needs to have fully engaged to set aside his fear.
By taking the DRP and posting regularly, the F3 man is conditioning his body so that he’s physically prepared to confront that hardship when it comes. I encouraged the PAX to keep posting so we’ll be ready when (not if) that day comes.
Prayers were offered up for Flobee’s friend who recently lost their 2.0, for Slots’s new 2.0, and for Maverick’s brother undergoing chemotherapy.
A moment of silence was observed for the NE Kingdom PAX who acquiesced to the fartsack and denied the Morg the opportunity to achieve a very winnable first back-to-back KotB victory. May the Sky Q have mercy on your souls.