5 Rounds at Six Wicket
36* with a real feel of 30. YHC had looked the night before at the forecast in South Carolina, where YHC’s parents were vacationing, and mistook the forecast there for the forecast here. I was underdressed by almost 15*.
We had a pack of pre-runners this morning (Hobo, Halpert, Cantore, Ryan Howard, Steinbrenner, Nature Boy, maybe one more, and YHC) complete a little over 3.5 before BC. Rocket Launcher was eager and announced 2 minute and 1 minute warnings…maybe he wanted to Co-Q, maybe he wanted to Q so he wouldn’t have to endure what I had planned. I didn’t ask him.
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
F3 exists to accelerate all 3 F’s. The workout today should not be the most difficult task we accomplish today. Investing in our families, neighbors and workplaces may require more of us.
Modify if necessary, do not modify until necessary.
SSH’s x 10IC
IW’s x10 IC
Hillbillies x10 IC
Tempo Squats x10 IC
Arm Circles x10 IC
- Mosey to Pavillion at top of largest staircase. We moseyed up and down those stairs a few times.
- Squats to “Flower” by Moby
- Partner up. 5 rounds. Each round lasts as long as the song in the playlist (about 4 minutes):
- Round One – Partner 1 does 10 Merkins while Partner 2 does AMRAP Bonnie Blairs. Flapjack.
- Round Two – Partner 1 does 10 4-count flutter kicks while Partner 2 does AMRAP box jumps. Flapjack.
- Round Three – Partner 1 does 10 Derkins while Partner 2 does AMRAP Squats. Flapjack.
- Round Four – Partner 1 does 10 4-count mountain climbers while Partner 2 does AMRAP American Hammers. Flapjack.
- Round Five – Partner 1 does 5 burpees while Partner 2 holds Al Gore. Flapjack.
- Mosey toward another large hill – “Higher Ground” by RHCP – Partner 1 sprints to the top of the hill and back down. Partner 2 waits at the bottom of the hill and does IW’s in rhythm with the music.
Mosey back to Startex
Hello Dolly x15 IC
FlutterKicks x15 IC
Pickle Pounders x10 IC
“Thunderstruck” by ACDC to finish (High plank while waiting for “Thunder” at which point we execute a Merkin)
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA:
15 – Carver, Hoya, Senor Curry, Hobo, Nature Boy, Matlock, Halpert, Steinbrenner, Ryan Howard, Cantore, Finkle, Oneder, Paper Trail, Rocket Launcher, Cheezsteak,
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
Unmet and unspoken expectations can be a major source of frustration for many of us. Sometimes we don’t even realize we have expectations until we’re in a moment or situation where things have gone differently than we expected. Holidays carry a lot of traditions that we love, but sometimes our extended family have ideas on how things go, too.
Proverbs 14:10 says, “The heart knows its own bitterness, and no stranger shares its joy.”
Our bitterness when things don’t go as expected can kill our joy. But our bitterness can isolate us from others, too. Choose to communicate your expectations, and then adjust even when your expectations aren’t met. Don’t let your circumstances dictate your joy.
Great 2ndF on the pre-run this morning.
Several PAX kept wondering when the music would change during our five rounds. I think that means we were putting in good work.
The Bauer is coming up, get ready to jump in.
New Year’s Day Convergence at Mothership at 7am.
Several PAX requested prayers for family – it’s been a challenging year. Continue to check in on your F3 brothers.