11’s On The Ropes Course
THE SCENE: 49 degrees and cloudy
F3 WELCOME & DISCLAIMER
- Welcome: I am not a professional
- You are participating at your own risk
- You are responsible for your own wellbeing
- You are here voluntarily, and you are not paying to be here
- Know your limits and do the best you can, all exercises can be modified and are only suggestions.
- Windmill (IC) – 15
- Daisy pickers (IC) – 15
- SSH (IC) – 25
- Little bit of stretching the legs…
- Start with 10 pull-ups hanging from the rope bridge (***used the knotted ropes hanging down to put your feet on and help for modification***)
- Lunge walk to bollards (approx. 25 yards)
- Complete 1 burpee box jump on the bollards
- Bear crawl back to rope bridge, up webbing, walk across rope bridge, crab walk down webbing on the other side to the ground.
- 9 pull-ups, lunge walk to to bollards, 2 burpee box jumps, bear crawl, etc… Rinse and repeat
No time for Mary today
COUNT-OFF & NAME-O-RAMA
16 – Pirtle, Goldilocks (FNG), Crayfish, Teacher’s Pet, Traffic Jam (Willy Loman from Winchester, TN), Bookworm, Hansen (Willy Loman from Franklin, TN), Dewy, Snookie, Costello, Doubtfire (Willy Loman from Knowville, TN), Gus, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Bottomless, Beauty Shop, Handsy (QIC)
CIRCLE OF TRUST/BOM:
We work hard to get better. We encourage one another. But we have to remember that no matter how strong we are (physically, mentally, emotionally), we are NOT ultimately self-sufficient. We think we are. But God really does provide us with everything we have every day, even our very breath comes from him. “He upholds the universe by the word of his power.” – Hebrews 1:3. We cannot settle and get relaxed…always depend upon God. Even when (especially when!) things are going smoothly. Too often we live our lives (I do at least) like a practical atheist. I say I believe in God and that Christ died for my sins. But then I live my life as if he doesn’t exist and as if I am ultimately in charge of my life. So – a challenge – and this is a dangerous prayer, but one I think will draw us closer to Christ and make us better servant leaders – pray every day that God would put circumstances and relationships in your life every day that force you to depend upon and trust him.
This workout was MUCH harder than I anticipated and took much longer. We didn’t even finish! But I think we all still got a good workout. I’m smoked!
It was great to have 3 Willy Lomans join us,Traffic Jam in particular (age 57 #respect) killed it! He was going stronger than many of us younger dudes. It was also great welcoming an FNG – Goldilocks. Great work PAX!